Psst - don't you love that you can add anything after the prefix "pin" and make it into a new cool word related to pinterest? Great, right?!
So, here are some of my latest diggs...
1. Bathroom Inspiration: I've pinned a TON Of bathrooms recently. Probably because our full bath is due it's major remodel in the next 6-12 months. So, I'm already schemin' and dreamin' (and rhymin'). I'm loving white, bright, and lots of pretty subway tile.
3. Organization Nation: I love the idea of creating a little cabinet on the side of the fridge to hang a mop or hold some cleaning supplies. It wouldn't have to be very deep to store a lot of stuff.
Have extra wall space in the closet? Install wall-mounting brackets and set baskets on them for storing socks, scarves, purses, or other belongings.
And here is a cleaning schedule I would follow if I didn't have to go to work all day. As of now, I cram most of this into the weekend. Boo.
4. Tips and Tricks: I'll share the one tip I tried recently - Miracle Laundry Whitening Solution
Here is what the article calls for: Hot Water, 1 cup Laundry Detergent, 1 cup POWDERED dishwasher detergent, 1 cup bleach, and 1/2 cup borax.
It recomends filling the laundry tub so that the water is just covering the items and let it soak for a while (like a couple hours or overnite for bad stains). Then run the wash as usual.
Here's what I did...
- I used all the ingredients except the borax (cuz I have no clue what that is and I was too lazy to go to the store and find it).
- I poured the ingredients into the washing machine first
- Then I filled the machine with hot water about 1/2 way - then insterted the laundry - then filled it the rest of the way. I had a big load. So, I needed a lot of hot water.
- I then let the tub churn around a couple times - just to mix everything together and get it a little sudsy.
- Then I stopped it and let the items soak for about 30 minutes.
- Then I ran the load as usual.
I need to try this on our not-so-white socks, undershirts, towels, and washcloths.
Not sure how well this will work on badly stained items. And not sure how much the missing borax ingredient would make a difference. But it's worth a try!
So, there you have my favorite recently pinned items. Now it's your turn to pin away!
Pins in order: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10