To refresh your memory, on January 4th I wrote out a list of about 10-ish ambitious items we hoped to accomplish in 2011. It broke down like this...
1. Living Room Fireplace Makeover (including the brick, tile floor, and brass screen)
2. New Flooring in downstairs bath, entryway, stairs and hallway
3. Create a new finished laundry room in the basement
4. Painting the un-painted walls and trim in the house
5. Painting some old furniture pieces I own
6. Turn the downstairs bedroom into a home office
7. Hang new light fixtures throughout the house
8. Bathroom Renovations (downstairs 1/2 bath and upstairs full bath)
9. Landscaping of some kind around the house
10. Decorating (window treatments, wall decor etc)
And of those 10-ish items, what do we actually get to cross off the list as of today? I'll indulge you on this one with a few pictures as examples...
2. New Flooring in
8. Bathroom Renovations (
So, we've gotten about 1/2 of that original list crossed off. However, there are quite a few extra items we have tackled that were not on the list (it's the spontaneous side of us):
1. Master Bedroom Closet Makeover (picture of that on #7 above)
2. Kitchen Backsplash tiled and grouted
3. New Kitchen Microwave and built-in shelf
4. New Furnace - no pictures on this one. It was a boring-but-must-have purchase. Our original furnace was 25+ years old and on the brink of death. We will be happy to have heat this winter.
5. New sofa and area rug in living room
So, which items are NOT likely to get done this year? That would be #3 (finished laundry room in basement), #5 (painting old furniture pieces - unless I get super inspired on a random weekend), and the other half of #8 (remodeling the upstairs bathroom). Hopefully 2012 will make room for these.
In the meantime, we still have 4 months remaining in 2011 to complete several other projects - some of which are in the works:
1. Brand spankin' new patio (deets on that soon)
2. More Landscaping (it never ends) - Some of this is completed. I just need to post it for ya.
3. Cleaned out, painted, and somewhat functional Bedroom #3/Home Office on the first floor (just started this project)
4. New flooring/carpeting in Hallways and Stairs (maybe by Nov 1?)
5. Painting here and there and everywhere
6. More Window treatments, new light fixtures and general decor (Fall and then Christmas coming soon!)
I'm sure I missed
Thanks for continuing to follow along with us as we hash out our home remodeling details on this thing called the world wide web. Where would we be without your commitment, comments, and virtual love (oh, and help from those who have the painful reality of living nearby)?!
Now excuse me because I need a nap...