January 6, 2011

Bring on Color

I'll be the first to admit that the grays of January are starting to get to me already.

After all the color that Christmas brings, January looks so blah!

So, to help get me over the hump of the week that was Wednesday, I went scrounging around for some colorful decor pictures. And they're so cheery and make me so happy that I thought I'd share a few with you. Maybe they'll brighten up your week too!


I sure hope that my basement laundry room will look as cheery as this eventually! Love the bright yellow, green, and blue combo. And the white cabinets and washer/dryer help balance the color.




I adore the shade of blue in this room! And you might see some beadboard on the walls of our house soon. Great accessories on the bench too.




Who wouldn't want a nice, organized mudroom like this? Double closets and all...




Did you ever think of painting your walls a dark chocolate brown? Probably not. But boy does this make a statement!




Painted kitchen cabinets are always beautiful. And while white is the more traditional look, I love me some color on the cabinets too! And this is a great green - very soft. Bonus is the open shelving where some cabinet doors were removed - adds openess and interest. Note the contrasting yellow island. (Seems like a Wisconsin color combo - woop woop!)




This room is a bit more modern. I'm diggin' the fun blue and orange combo (for my Chicago Bears loving husband).




Does this kitchen scream "GIRLY"? Yes, it does! But what a fun and sophisticated way to change things up a bit! And the light fixtures over the island and table are gorgeous! I can't help but smile looking at it all.




I adore this dining room. Wainscoting on the wall and the green wallpaper make it so uniquely beautiful. And check out those french doors with lead glass - wow.




What a fun and brightly colored bathroom! That sure would wake me up in the morning!




Feel better? I do!



Most of the pics are from Decor Pad , and a few are from Sarah's House.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.