February 17, 2011

Gray + Yellow = Gellow?

I've been thinking a little bit about the decor I want to select for our 1/2 bath. The current color scheme is gray, white, and then the brown ("wood") tile floor...



When thinking about accent colors that might add some "pop" to the room, the first color that came to mind was Yellow. Yellow is actually my favorite color, even though I haven't really incorporated it much into the house as of now. And I'm not talking a bright crayon yellow. But a softer yellow. To quote Muriel Blandings, "Not just yellow; a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell you, Mr. PeDelford, if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong!"

My thoughts exactly, Muriel.

Haven't seen the movie Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House? I highly recommend it for house lovers. And Cary Grant lovers. And all women. In fact, I'll give you quick movie shot...




Anyhoo... Back to my gray and yellow color scheme. It's kind of a modern and trendy scheme right now. But that's the nice thing about yellow being the accent color - it can easily be switched out down the road if I want to go with a different vibe. And I plan to go a little vintage with the yellow - to keep it a bit more traditional and not so modern.

Here are a few pictures with various styles showing these colors combo'd together...
















Note: Pictures are from DecorPad.



What do you think? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.