March 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung. Almost.

I'm so tired of looking at snow. I can't take it anymore. And that includes all my wintery and snowy decorations that I put up around the house in December and January. It's time. They've got to go.

Spring may not technically start until March 21st, but as the sun begins to shine longer each day, and the temperature finally begins to rise above freezing, my mind begins to bloom with thoughts of warm spring days.

So, that will be one of my projects for the weekend. I need to breathe the life of spring into this house.

I actually began this process last night. I looked at our dining room table, which still had this snowflake tablecloth on it, and I just couldn't look at it anymore. It had to be removed.


I decided that I'm going to stick to a blue, green, yellow, and white color scheme for much of spring and summer. So, I did a quick switcheroo by laying down a plain blue tablecoth. Then I centered a table runner over it. I got this table runner on sale from PotteryBarn a few months back. It's a woven jute-like material. Very natural - like the outdoors.


Then I added a few simple items to the center of the table - including a silver napkin holder with flower-printed napkins, 2 white taper candles, and a pretty glass vase with fresh yellow and white flowers.


Before leaving for work early this morning, I snapped a couple of pictures just as the sunlight began to stream through the windows. Small changes make all the difference to the feel of a home.


The napkin holder in the center of the table is also from PotteryBarn. And the napkins I placed in it are in keeping with my spring color scheme.


Nothing welcomes in spring like nature's fresh flowers. I hope to keep more fresh flowers in the house this year than I have in the past.


There's still a lot more spring decorating to do, but this was an easy start.

Welcome to spring!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.