December 13, 2010

Ornament(s) of the Day: Old-fashioned Reflectors

These sparkle so beautifully on the tree!

According to the ornament tag: Reflectors are a traditional favorite on Christmas trees. With their many different angles, the pattered indented sections reflect light in complex and intricate ways, therefore, reflector ornaments were thought to scare away evil spirits and ensure good luck.

I actually have a pair of this particular red reflector made by Old World Christmas...





And I got this silver reflector years ago (can't remember where). But I like the holly and berry pattern that is painted all the way around it...



I would like to get some additional reflectors - in other colors and sizes - to add to the tree in future years. Maybe I can find some on sale after Christmas! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.